1. Retain working knowledge of the British Virgin Islands product offering include but not limited to culture, historic sites, attractions, accommodations and transportation by land and sea etc.
2. Provide information and answer questions that the visiting guests may have in his/her language on days assigned to the Cruise Pier;
3. Ensure that foreign language material and brochures are accurately translated and are distributed at various ports of entry in particular the Cruise Ship Pier;
4. Effectively articulate the product to visitors in different languages in person and appropriately respond to queries (via telephone, fax, or internet) within 24 hours.
5. Assist with language translation/interpretation assignments that may surface at the Board;
6. Daily monitor the Board’s website and Facebook page to ensure that information listed is current. Report concerns to Destination Host Coordinator.
7. Assist with the preparation and collation of tourism related information for distribution locally.
8. Provide arrival and departure updates for ferries and airlines.
9. Direct guests to available sources of information, services, attractions, Sister Islands and any other favorable establishments or amenities to enhance the guest experience.
10. Assist with meet and greet services when required.
11. Enter Immigration cards into central statistic unit, government, and conduct exit surveys.
12. Observe all security and safety protocols for assigned area.
13. Make recommendations for authentic BVI experiences for guest efficiency and maximum enjoyment.
14. Ensure workspaces are clean and tidy and stock brochure racks as needed.
15. Assist with the BVIPA services including processing applications, entry paperwork and attend to VIP guests.
16. Perform any other related duties as required by immediate supervisor or member of the executive team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Must be strong team leader who is committed to the organization’s objectives. Must be able to get results by motivating others. Must be able to manage and organize multiple projects and departments. Must have analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to think strategically and develop long-term plans and relationships. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication, and presentation skills.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work required for the position advertised. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required . The successful candidate will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested.
Your application was submitted successfully.